Nov 26, 2012

inspiration // buddy wakefield

     Today I received a book I ordered from amazon in the mail called "gentleman practice" by buddy wakefield.  I spent the morning with my friend Michael plying through some of the book.  It is a collection of poems, quotes, and quick conversations.  I thought I'd share an excerpt from one of his poems that inspired me to purchase his book.  

"I have seen nearly every city from a rooftop
without jumping.
I have realized

that the moon
did not have to be full for us to love it,
that we are not tragedies
stranded here beneath it,
that if my heart 
really broke
every time I fell from love,
I'd be able to offer you confetti by now.

But hearts don't break,
y'all,
they bruise and get better.
We were never tragedies.
We were emergencies.
You call 9-1-1. 
Tell them I'm having a fantastic time."

No comments:

Post a Comment